Police Briefs

Unresponsive resident

On Sept. 21, officers were dispatched by Saginaw County Central Dispatch to University Village for a SVSU resident not responding correctly. The student was evaluated by MMR and left in the care of their roommates. It was determined the student may have smoked marijuana and the symptoms were a result of smoking too much.

Vehicle break-ins

Officers are investigating a string of vehicle break-ins that took place between Sept. 22-23. While two residents reported their vehicles being rummaged through with nothing taken, one resident reported $2 in change missing while another reported a backpack with two laptops stolen. It is unclear if these incidents are related.

‘Blind’ bandit

On Sept. 23, officers were dispatched to University Village regarding a suspicious situation. Residents reported several door blinds missing and believe someone may have been in their apartment. No suspect was located.


On Sept. 23, officers were dispatched to University Village for a suspicious situation and possible unlawful entry. One of the residents reported being woken by an unknown subject in their room shaking them. The subject then left the apartment, heading in an unknown direction. This case is still under investigation.

Vehicle damage

On Sept. 24, officers spoke with an SVSU resident student regarding damage to their vehicle. The student advised the driver’s side mirror on their vehicle had been damaged overnight while it was parked in University Village. There is no suspect information at this time.

Vehicle accident

On Sept. 26, officers responded to parking lot J-1 for a two-car property damage accident that had just occurred. One vehicle had accidentally struck a parked vehicle while attempting to park in a space. No injuries were reported.

Vehicle accident

On Sept. 27, officers responded to the intersection of College West and Collings Drive for a two-car property damage accident that had just occurred. There were no injuries.

Microwave fire

On Sept. 27, officers responded to Living Center South for a call for a microwave on fire. Officers arrived on scene to find that the microwave had been extinguished and there was no physical damage done to anything else in room.

Justin Kruskie
Latest posts by Justin Kruskie (see all)

Categories: Uncategorized

Tagged as: , ,

Leave a Reply