Below are the latest updates on how COVID-19 affects SVSU students.
- Over 1,100 residential students have opted to move out of their dorms as of March 24.
- SVSU will not quote estimated refunds for Housing and Dining refunds. The following factors may influence your refund: student status, room style, meal activity, date of checkout and financial aid package.
- SVSU is working on sending out student refunds weekly. The first batch of refunds have not been sent out yet.
- Dining Services will only be open 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. daily.
- Starbucks, Panda Express and Subway are now also closed.
- The C-Store will remain open daily noon to midnight.
- The Counseling Center will begin accepting virtual appointments Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Email email@example.com or call (989) 964-7078 to set up a visit.
- SVSU will permit students to elect to go pass/no-credit for their Winter 2020 courses. This applies only to undergraduate students. A form will be available to send to the Registrar’s office between April 13 and May 11. “D” or higher grade equivalents will be “pass.”
- SVSU stresses that if you are a student-athlete, applying to a program that requires professional licensure, planning on going to graduate school or otherwise may be affected by pass/no-credit that you consult an adviser or faculty member before changing to pass/no-credit.
- The SVSU Barnes & Noble Bookstore will be closed until April 13 and will tentatively reopen April 14. You can return rented textbook via a free shipping label sent to your SVSU email.
- For residential students, the residential assistant duty phone from UV West will serve all of the residential housing facilities. That number is 989-964-2984.
- On-campus staffing will be maintained through residential directors, not RAs. To meet about residential concerns, Residential Life recommends students email their RDs for a meeting request. Their emails are listed below.
- FYS: Kyle Beaman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MJB: Chelsea Brown, email@example.com
- LCSW: Allie Sturtridge, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LCS, UVE, PG: Robin Butler, email@example.com
- UVW: Jamie Ouye, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Kaitlyn Farley (see all)
- SVSU student tests positive for COVID-19 - 9 Apr 2020
- SVSU lab produces sanitizer, 3D prototypes for local public services - 3 Apr 2020
- Library fees waived for winter semester - 2 Apr 2020