A March 18 email from SVSU Housing indicated that SVSU will begin offering pro-rated refunds to students who move out before April 19.
The email stated that Housing and Dining Services will remain open until May 1, the end of the semester. At this time, spring and summer housing will also remain available.
Students who move out entirely – meaning they check out and return their housing key – will be issued a pro-rated housing credit “effective the date you turn in your key,” the email stated. Credits for unused meal plans will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Students who receive SVSU funds – “student-athletes, Saginaw Valley Opportunity Grant housing award recipients, Resident Assistants, and others” – should call the Campus Financial Service Center to have the credit reduced from their scholarship or grant, the email stated.
There are three ways to receive a refund:
- Credits toward your Fall 2020 housing and/or dining;
- A direct deposit, if you have one set up through Cardinal Direct; or
- A check sent to the address SVSU has on file for you.
Students should email firstname.lastname@example.org once they have checked out and indicate which option they would like to chose.
- SVSU student tests positive for COVID-19 - 9 Apr 2020
- SVSU lab produces sanitizer, 3D prototypes for local public services - 3 Apr 2020
- Library fees waived for winter semester - 2 Apr 2020